Friday, January 29, 2010

New candidate running for the Hip Hop Presidency

I found a new inspiration in hip hop his name Jay electronica. (I know it's a weird ass last name) The last Hip Hop act that I watched was Little Brother. I never heard of Jay Elect before the Mos Def concert @Highline on 1/17/10. He performed two songs/acapella. His presence and delivery was crazy. As he spit a short but heartfelt rhyme, he stops and calls Puffy out the VIP area to come on stage to talk that ish. I said to myself he's next!

So once it was over I realized that I already had put him on a mix cd (Underground Railroad) prior to the event. So I went home and did my research. I listened to his lyrics of various mix cd's and pound for pound he is the next lyricist to take the title. In second period (1987-97) of hip hop lyrics became an essential to what was fake and what was real in the world of hip hop. Jay Elect approaches the mic like a seasoned veteran and delivers like the milk man his point across in his rhyme style. I believe hip hop needs an artist like him. An individual with some structured thoughts to bring an element of edutainment back to mainstream. Don't get it twisted we still have a need for that ignorant ish like ........hmmmnn don't have enough space to type all those rapper names but they know their names.

Like every Mc he has story tell and a belief system that you agree or disagree with. So all real hip hop fans and bandwagon jumpers be prepared for some ol new rhymes by Jay Electronica.......Listen to Exibit A & C and Judge for yourself.... Remember I said it

No comments:

Post a Comment